October 28, 2015

DIY COFFEE CREAMER


Hi friends! It has been awhile since my last post, I deeply apologize! Things just got crazy, I was sick for an entire week and then grad school life hit and assignments started. I am in the middle of writing my 2nd essay now. I wanted to get on here and write a quick post about how I made my new home in Newcastle feel a bit like home home. 
I am a coffee drinker, I love it and most of the time I need a cup a day. However I am that coffee drinker that likes a little coffee with her creamer. It has gotta be honey color for me to drink it. I know, I know that is blasphemy to die hard black drinkers but look shrugs. I've been getting my coffee fix from a local shop a few times a week however, I decided to try out the world of the french press and found myself a cute little french press for about £6. 

I've been grocery shopping a few times and I've already noticed some of my dairy items are lacking; most importantly CASHEW MILK! They don't got it, so I have been making do with almond milk but the most ghastly thing that I have not found is coffee creamer..zip, zero, zilch! NO.WHERE.TO.BE.FOUND! I strolled up to a lady in Tesco and asked where I could find the creamer and she looked at me with a blank stare as if I asked her where I could find unicorn's blood because I needed to bring Dobby back to life. After my quick and brutal realization that I am not meant to find Pumpkin Spice Coffeemate here, I went to my savior Pinterest and low and behold there were several recipes. I didn't realize that coffee creamer had so many additives but I guess they have to put something in it to make it last for what seems like years. This creamer was made with just 3 ingredients.  I used this recipe and opted for cream and condensed milk (I like it creamy), I will try my almond milk next time. It took literally 5 minutes to make and after a  taste test it gets two thumbs up! I can't wait to make my coffee tomorrow. I am going to be brave and shoot for some of my favorite holiday classics soon like peppermint mocha, gingerbread, and egg nog! THIS post links 20 different recipes! 
3 simple ingredients

Mixed all the creamer with about 1/2 of condensed milk and two teaspoons of vanilla







*I didn't realize that what I purchased was vanilla with seeds (I have never heard of that before). That is why it looks a little grainy but it is really giving me the true french vanilla vibe and once added to the coffee I am assuming the seeds will be virtually unnoticeable. 

Definitely give it a try and let me know how it turns out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment