October 1, 2015

PRIMARK = BAE


It has been a full week in Newcastle and I cannot believe it, time is zipping by. I have spent time exploring and settling into my dorm room. I am pretty satisfied with my accommodations, I have my own bathroom which was clutch for me. However, after one night in the bed I knew I needed 3 things, new sheets, new pillows, and a mattress topper ASAP!

During my time without internet I went and walked around and explored city centre Primark was one of the first stores I saw and it is enormous. We do not have Primark at home but I have heard of it because I follow a boat load of British bloggers and they talk about it frequently.That place is heavenly and I already see that it is going to be my go to spot.

I went on a previous trip to get new sheets and towels. In total I got sheets, two pillow cases, 2 pillows, and bath towels for about £20.This blog is not going to be made up of a ton of hauls but I wanted to share this particular haul because I think I got a pretty good deal.

It is already cooling down here (for me, anything with out Hade's humidity is cool) and I needed to grab some leggings and because I chucked heavy jeans during packing (read about my packing journey HERE) I  needed to grab a pair of those too.


















I ended up with a pair of leggings, skinny jeans, 2 VERY warm cable knit sweater cardigans, a basic long sleeve t-shirt, a hamper, some cozy slippers, and a great throw/scarf (it wasn't a need but it made me think of Outlander's Sam Heughan and I need to be prepared to be his Scottish bride) for just about $65 USD.

I have a pretty tight budget and Primark allowed me to stay within it and get a couple goodies for myself. In an upcoming post I am going to share some of my other favorite places to shop for cheap. The UK has quite a bit of options for the budget friendly shopper. I think Newcastle was absolute the right choice for me and I'll explore London when I go in November to see my good friends Paiyal and Roshni!

No comments:

Post a Comment