January 5, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Happy 2016 , one and all! I felt like I blinked and the year went by 





I wanted to just pop in and post a quick one for the New Year. I apologize for being MIA but school comes first. Also to be completely transparent I was getting really unmotivated by this blog, I felt like people were not reading it and I was paying too much attention to the number of views and felt discouraged. After some self reflection and a great convo with a wonderful friend I realized that I just need to be true to my vision. I don't need to worry about who is reading it as long as I am writing things that I find interesting and meaningful, then that is all that matters. A good friend told me that "comparison is the thief of joy" and I need to remind myself of that when I start to overthink or doubt myself.

I don't do resolutions because I always break them but I like having goals or themes for the year. My word for 2016 is FOCUS. I want to stay focused on being a good student and becoming a better writer. I want to take steps in sharing my writing with a wider audience and positioning myself to making a career out of my love and consumption of the media.

Finally, I am working on bringing my snap chat tales to this blog because they have gotten really good feedback from people so I might as well give the people what they want. I am just here trying to get my keys to success in 2016. If DJ Khaled can stay blessed up, so can I!



No comments:

Post a Comment